The History of Gîte Les Mélèzes, Villar d’Arène, from the 18th century to now.
In the 18th century, after the fire that ravaged the village, a farm was rebuilt opposite the church. The farmers lived in a large room, now the dining room, with the cows and animals that gave them heat in the winter.
Around 1930, the farm became a guesthouse.
Tourism brings many guests who come for the winter holidays.
In 1986, the building was raised by a stone tower, in the spirit of the architecture of the village.
Since 2005, Frédérique and Denis Allirand are the new managers of Gîte Les Mélèzes and they transformed the building to accommodate an individual clientele in a hotel setting: the dining room with vaulted ceiling and furniture in larch, the restaurant with quality and homemade cuisine with regional products and local recipes, the rooms with sanitary facilities, the sauna, the bike room, the ski room and a beautiful terrace in the summer. All in a friendly atmosphere.
Please be invited, you are most welcome!